HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 20, 2015

Outing #27
PRY12 - 6.56
Catch - 1
YTDC - 30
I met up with with Jim on Monday the 18th for a short wade on Kilbuck.
The water level was up and pretty stained. It was a bit of a surprise to find the creek
in this shape, but it is Spring so what are ya gonna do. I did manage to pull one (1)
dink smallmouth from that water so I was happy not to get a skunk. The main purpose 
for this meet up was so Jim could give me back my bullets......?!!! Fly rod. Sorry. Kind of got caught up in a song there. Anyhoot, my fly rod was kind of coming unraveled and I asked Jim
if he wouldn't mind trying to repair it, as he, Jim, builds his own fiberglass fly rods. Jim agreed 
to take a shot at fixing it and fix it he did. What a fine job. Thanks!

On Wednesday the 20th a big cold front moved into the area and plummeted air temps
into the low 40s. 
Being a kind of dumb man, I soon found myself pulling my waders on and before I knew it,
I was standing waist deep in the Kish, casting a topwater popper at a big hunk of cement, while the rain and sleet hit my cap and sounded as if they were applauding me with each and every cast of my popper. My hands got numb, turned black. and then fell off. I did manage one (1) smallmouth (12") on the topwater (first of the year) before losing my hands. 
I limped my way back to the car and went to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment