HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

Outing #30
PRY12 - 6.65
Catch - 1, 2, 1
YTDC - 34                                                               DAY ONE (1)

Took Brandy out for a ride on the Kish south branch.
We got in at 10:30am and paddled upstream for a ways. I have to say
that I was a bit surprised at the level and clarity of the south branch.
Level was up higher than I expected and clarity was a heavy stain.
There is not much to report as the smallmouth bite was very tough.
I tossed a tube, a buzz bait, and a popper.
The buzz bait drew a couple half assed hits but couldn't get anything on the hook.
The tube was doing nothing, same as the popper.
I did finally manage to pick up one smallmouth on a tube that probably would
have taped at about 10 or 11 inches if I had gone to the trouble.
It was a nice day to be out. I got that I guess.




DAY TWO (2)

Did an upstream wade of Kilbuck and didn't much better luck than day one.
I picked up 2 smallies on a tube and one of them silly little pike that like to hit
everything and anything that hits the water. Got out of the water as storms moved into
the area. Not sure if I'll be able to make it out on day three, as the levels are now up and these storms are suppose to stick around for awhile. 

DAY Three (3)

In remembrance of our fallen soldiers today I chose to wade the 
Camp Grant rifle range section of the Kish.
Water was up and stained heavily from last nights rain. I pulled in a skunk on this section
and then made my way back to Kilbuck where there fishing was just as tough, but I
did manage to pull in one dink of about 12" on a topwater.
I believe we have rain in the forecast every day this week so this could have been my
last May outing.


Camp Grant rifle range in the Kishwaukee River 1917

All I found was a popper
Pretty much sums it up.





No comments:

Post a Comment