HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4/14/15, More Gooder than Goodman

Outing #12
PRY12 - 7.50ft
Clarity - 18 inches
Catch - 1
YTDC - 5


                                                      BACK ON TOP

A buddy of mine claims that he has already landed a 17 1/2" smallmouth this year.
I don't doubt that he has, but it sure is funny how he has never made any
mention of it until he came upon an opportunity to rub it in my face.
That's fine with me, I can take it.
Not to be out done, I stopped down at the creek today and tossed around 
a 3 1/2" YUM Tube. (green/purple) with a 1/16oz bullet weight.
I wasn't getting any action as I waded my way up-stream.
Not a single bite.
I should mention that I was quite surprised at the water clarity after
last weeks storm. The creek looked to be in great shape.
I started wading my way back down-stream and paused at any area
that just had to have fish in it. It's a classic spot.
Riffle, Run, Pool.
I started floating my tube from the riffle, down into and drifting
thru the run, and then into the pool.
Bump.
(was that a hit?)
(or a rock?)
Hard Tug.
I did a half-assed upward motion to set the hook, but faild.
I tossed the tube back into the run and let it drift into the pool once again and
BAM!
FISH ON!!!
I could tell the first time the fish hit that it was a nice size fish.
Now that I'm fighting the fish, I'm thinking, Brutus?
Not quite, but a hell of a nice fish that taped 
18 1/4"
More Gooder than Mr. Goodman

18.25 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment