HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Sunday, April 26, 2015

First Kish Wade of 2015

Outing #19
PRY12 - 6.50ft
Catch - 5
YTDC - 17

KILBUCK

Stepped foot into Kilbuck at 1pm and waded up-stream tossing
a tube most of the way. I was getting no action so I switched over to a
topwater popper and couldn't find anything interested in that either. Switched back
to a tube and waded my way back to the takeout and managed to pick up one 10" smallmouth
right at the takeout. I guess I never should have left that area.

I NEED SOME ACTION!

I thought I would checkout the Kish south branch, but upon arrival I
discovered that there was a couple bank fishermen at the spot where I planed to
get in at. Crap! Turned the car around and headed for the confluence.
I knew the spot that I wanted to hit, but when I pulled into the parking lot
I saw the car of another buddy, and fellow ISA member, already parked in the lot. 
CRAP!
I got my gear all on, looked around, and saw nobody around. I walked up to the 
drivers door of my buddies car, stuck out my tongue, and licked the hell out of the door handle.

KISHWAUKEE RIVER NB

Stepped foot for the first time this year in the Kish. The level was a bit higher
than I would have liked it, but sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
I decided to stick with the tube and began drifting it thru runs that I thought would be
holding smallies. I thought wrong. Waded back down stream to an area that my buddy Jim and I started fishing last year and I picked up two (2) smallies right away. The first came in at 15", the second taped a tad over 18" and had some beautiful color and markings on it. 
I hit a couple more spots and managed to pull out another 14", and finished the day with a 13".
It felt great to step foot in the Kishwaukee River once again.


!8" Beaut

click to view larger



No comments:

Post a Comment