HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

10/20 - 10/21 Fall Fishing

Been getting out a lot this Fall per doctor orders. Fishing has been tough on most days but once fish have been located the bite is usually pretty hot. I have not seen a topwater bite in quite awhile. I did see action on top from smallies on 10/21, but when I would cast a topwater in that direction I would end up with nothing. Toss a tube in that same direction and pick 'em up. Go figure. I picked up 8 smallies with the tube, the largest being measured @ 16.5 inches. The other 7 were 12 inches and less. Fish are hitting hard when they do hit and fighting like a cat tossed in a pool.


-----------------------------------------





On Monday, 10/20, I accessed a creek from a point further upstream than I have ever done. No fish were caught on this day, but the creeks characteristics are sure favorable for smallmouth. Need to try this again come late Spring 2015 before the weeds and bush get too thick.










No comments:

Post a Comment