HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10/7

10/7
Solo Wade
Breaking In The New Waders


16" October Smallie
Had to get out and try the new waders.
No leaks!

The sky was overcast so I started out tossing
a topwater popper and picked up 3 smallies
right off the bat with the largest going 15".
After about 45 minutes and a couple more fish on the top, the sky cleared up and the sun came out, and the topwater bit came to a halt.
I tied on a tube and continued making my way upstream, picking up a couple dinks here and there.
I came to a large pool and got a heavy tug on the line. it seems the fish picked up the tube and is just holding it. I reeled in a bit and could tell that something heavy was on the end of the line.
I hauled back to set the hook and the line went limp. Damn it! I pulled out a 1/16 oz bullet weight and slipped on the line and then tied on a new hook and rigged it with a new tube. Tossed it all back in the same sport and again a heavy THUMP. I drew in the slack on my line and again could feel something big and heavy on the end of the line. Pulled back hard with the rod and the line went limp. WTF!
Again I tied on all new stuff and tossed the rig back into the same area and again I got bit off.
Not exactly sure what was sitting in that pool but I decided that it was not a smallmouth and I
would leave the pool to whatever the heck it was in there. What ever it was it's got a mouth
full of tubes and I didn't think there would be much chance of it hitting again. I had just loaded up my spin reel with brand new 8lb Berkely Crystal Fire Line, so whatever is in that pool has teeth.
I made my way upstream and picked up a few more smallies with the largest going 16 inch".
Ended the day with 10 smallmouth brought to hand. 





No comments:

Post a Comment