HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Thursday, October 30, 2014

10/29, ONE MISSION

10/29

 ONE MISSION


My plan was to to hike to this one particular spot and pull out one (1) smallmouth with the long rod.
That would make me happy.

I made the easy hike to a pedestrian bridge that runs over a dry creek and followed the dry creek to the river, which would put me just downstream from the spot I planned to hit. Before stepping foot in water, I examined the area to plan my best approach. I decided to cross the river to a sandbar that laid directly across from my spot. This section of the Kish is fairly wide, very rocky, and has a swift current. Once on the sandbar I examined the area once again before making my approach. I started carefully making my way cross stream to the spot I planned to hit, making sure that I had a good, strong, foothold with my set foot before taking my next step. The spot I wanted to hit was an eddy that in the past has help fish this late into the year. I got within casting distance, stripped out some line, let my fly drift downstream pulling the line with it to a distance I thought I would need to reach the eddy. In one motion I hauled back and made my first cast, landing the fly on the upstream topside of the eddy. BAM! First cast, 15 1/4 inch smallie. Mission complete.
I stayed out a couple more hours and never got another bite.






No comments:

Post a Comment