HEADER PIC

HEADER PIC

WELCOME

NOTE: THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER IN USE. PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME VIEWING THIS BLOG. WHEN FINISHED YOU CAN JOIN ME AT MY NEW WEBSITE......

Saturday, October 4, 2014

New Waders

10/4/14

New Pro-Line Neoprene Waders
Well now that the cold weather is starting to set in, it is time for me to get a new pair of neoprene waders. I have bought 2 pair in the past from Gander Mountain and I must say that I have not been very pleased with Guide Series waders which GM sells. The waders start to leak from the seems after moderate use and this is something I'm trying to get away from without spending much money. The Guide Series usually go for an amount just shy of $150.00, which is at the cheap end as far as waders are concerned. I decided to give Dicks Sporting Goods a try this year.
Their cheap neoprene waders are made by Pro Line and I was able to pick a pair of the Marsh Creek series up for $110.00. Many people probably think I'm silly for not throwing down some good money for a good pair of waders, but the thing is, I don't like to wear waders and never do until Fall weather and temps set in and also in the early Spring before the water temp begins to warm. I hope these waders hold up a bit better than the Guide Series, but if they don't it's no big lose. Definitely worth the gamble.


I also picked up some new Berkely Crystal Fire Line to put on a couple reels that are running low.
That should let me finish out this 2014 year and get a good start on the 2015 season.

I HATE COLD WEATHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment